Comments

Since 1 September, 2012 this pages has been migrated from the Google Blogger platform (previous address http://blog.jbottle.com) to the Google Sites (http://scjp.jbottle.com). Below you can find the comments copied from the previous page. Also you can express your opinion at the bottom of this page.

20 comments:

Anonymous February 15, 2010 4:19 AM
First of all, Congrats for great score. I am planning to take SCJP and I would follow the schedule and books suggested by you. Thank you so much for sharing this. It's really helpful

Rufat March 10, 2010 3:58 PM
it's great, it's my dream to score 96%.Congrats. I want to ask one question. When I read the K&B and then do the tests at the end of chapters i do many mistakes. But when I do some online tests my score is not so bad(approximate -75-80%).
What is the level in real exam? How many tricky questions are there?
Please sorry if you don't understand my English

Vidmantas Maskoliūnas March 20, 2010 5:11 PM
Hi, Rufat.

Actually all those tests at the end of each chapter are really difficult to complete without any mistake, and not all real-exam questions are as complex as those are. However, I should say that different online mock-ups doesn't always cover every possible question and I saw some of the a bit too easy. Many of them have outdated questions (notice the fact, that many questions have "compilation fails" option which is quite a new thing compared to previous exams). Also consider that small anxiety that you will probably have before the real exam, so it could have some negative impact too. My advice would be to try fighting until you reach ~95% correct answers in K&B book, which means you can reasonably expect similar score in the Prometric's room.

By the way, after Oracle have bought SUN, the learning centre website is not reacheable using old links. Start right here: http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=365

FAQ is here now: http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=373

Anonymous May 8, 2010 7:03 AM
I got
a score 100% :)

Vidmantas Maskoliūnas May 9, 2010 4:06 PM
Congratulations! You are The Master, man :)

Evaldas August 20, 2010 10:12 PM
pasiinau, 95 % :), dekuj uz gerus advicus :)

Anonymous September 23, 2010 9:18 PM
this was the best SCJP experience story i've seen in 2 weeks of research ... your method was REAL MAN ..Thank you

Vidmantas Maskoliūnas September 23, 2010 9:56 PM

pramodliv December 31, 2010 5:58 PM
Is this certification useful or should i concentrate on developing my own apps/programs in order to improve my Java skills and knowledge?

Vidmantas Maskoliūnas December 31, 2010 10:14 PM
It depends... Whether you want to improve your practical Java application development skills or get a paper recognised by various associations, employers and societies.

Anonymous August 8, 2011 11:42 AM
nice :)

mohd ARSHIL..... December 5, 2011 1:04 PM
YO BRO SURE THANX FOR UPDATING THIS PAGE...DUDE CAN U HELP ME OUT ABOUT THE TIME U GAVE FOR EACH TOPIC.....I AM A ROOKIE IN JAVA FIELD SO PLEASE CAN U SUGGEST ME TOO THE TIME I SHOULD GIVE TO EACH TOPIC

Vidmantas Maskoliūnas December 6, 2011 10:20 PM
Unfortunately I can't remember exact timescales... Actually I did not count it precisely. Until I felt the topic was "mastered", I read it slowly without rush. So for topics like "Development" I spent just a little bit, maybe three days or so in all. For topics like "Generics" that could take few weeks, I guess.

Anonymous December 16, 2011 6:40 PM
I am so thankful to you that in my first search about OCPJP(formally SCJP) i found your article that solved all my doubts and also information really boosted my confidence.

Thank you again.

Waqas Sadiq January 19, 2012 10:56 AM
your guides are very informative and helpful and congratulations on such a high score.
AnonymousFebruary 20, 2012 7:00 PM

Your write-up is really helpful to me. Especially keeping track of the chapters in a spreadsheet. Well done!

Ravi

Anonymous February 25, 2012 6:55 PM
Congrats on the great score and thank you for sharing your experience. I am planning to sit SCJP soon and I think I use some of your techniques/books you suggested to prepare better.
Thanks again

JavaDuke March 14, 2012 6:34 PM
Good post. In addition you may find essential mock questions @ codersyard

Dinu March 21, 2012 2:37 PM
Thanks a lot

Anonymous April 14, 2012 12:04 PM
great score!! congrats!!:) n thanks a lot... the above article is really helpful.

New Comments